Travelling with luggage

Money and securities

If you enter or leave Aruba with more than AWG. 20,000,- in cash or securities, or the equivalent thereof in foreign currencies, you must notify this to the Customs Department (Departamento di Aduana).

You’ll need a *MOT form (*Unusual Transactions).

This is available at the counter of Customs Department (Departamento di Aduana) at the airport or harbor. Money and securities in foreign currency must be converted into Aruban florins.

Please note!

You also have to report if you are not the owner of the money or securities, but carry this for someone else.


Do you transports more than AWG. 20,000,- in cash or securities, but you do not report or you filed an incorrect report? Then you risk a prison sentence and a fine. In addition, the Custom Department (Departamento di Aduana) can seize the money and/or securities.